Celebrations aren’t fun for everyone, especially pets! We’ve compiled five tips for pet anxiety on New Year’s Eve. These simple steps will help keep your pet feeling safe and calm.
- Keep Pets Indoors – Do your best to keep pets indoors in a safe and calming environment with a collar and tags in case they manage to escape.
- Exercise Pets in Advance – A tired pet is better than an anxious pet. Take them for a long walk ahead of time.
- Make Pets Feel Safe – Comfort your pets with pets, hugs, and talk to them in a soothing tone. Make sure they can access their crate or safe place easily.
- Avoid Noise –Try to drown out the fireworks sounds as much as possible by closing windows, turn on the radio or television.
- Dose Pets with Hemp – Thirty minutes prior to fireworks, dose your pet with our hemp products for pets. Hemp may reduce situational anxiety and keep pets calm. You can order our pet hemp products online or check for a retail store near you that carry our hemp products.