- Do not feel your pets Halloween candy. Chocolate and xylitol are especially dangerous for pets.
- If you use candles to light your jack-o-lanterns, keep them safely away from pets.
- Keep glow sticks and other glow jewelry away from pets.
- Make sure your pet is wearing a collar with up-to-date tags. Pets can easily escape through an open door while you’re distracted with trick-or-treaters.
- If you plan on putting a costume on your pet, make sure it’s comfortable and fits properly so breathing isn’t constricted. Take the time to let your pets get used to the costumes before Halloween. Never leave your pet unsupervised while in costume. Make sure your pet still wears collar and tags while in the costume.
- Keep your pet inside, even outside dogs. The outdoors can be especially dangerous on Halloween if your pet manages to escape your yard.
- If your pet is wary of strangers or gets anxious when someone is at your door put them in another room during trick-or-treating hours.
- If your pet is prone to anxiety, consider dosing them with one of our Healthy Hemp Pet Company products to reduce anxiety. Dose them prior to the onset of trick-or-treaters, and plan for a 30-minute absorption rate. If you’re new to our hemp products for pets, you can order a trial size of our popular CannaNatural. Another great option for situational anxiety is our CannaDrops, which comes in two flavors: Coconut CannaDrops and Salmon CannaDrops.
Today is National Holistic Pet Day! If you’re looking for some quick ideas to improve your pets wellness start here: healthy whole foods, daily exercise, nutritional supplements, and lastly a really great vet who believes in holistic health!
Opting for holistic options over harsh pharmaceutics has improved the life of our own pets immensely. We want to share that with you!
Use coupon code: Holistic Health to save 20% on your Healthy Hemp Pet online order. This code is good for the next two weeks. Visit our Healthy Hemp Pet shop page and stock up on some holistic options for your beloved pet.
We absolutely love the idea of National Dog Day, which shouldn’t come as a surprise! Pet companies tend to love all animals, and Healthy Hemp Pet Company exists because of our founder’s love for his own dogs. If you haven’t read the story about why Dave founded Healthy Hemp Pet Company, you can do that in the about section.
Are you looking for ideas to celebrate National Dog Day with your own dog? We’ve got you covered. Here are five ways to celebrate:
Pooch Pampering: Give your dog a well-deserved spa day with a bath or groomer appointment. Your pup may not love baths, but they always seem to be happy when they are clean! As are you, so go for it!
Favorite Hike or Walk: Does your dog have a favorite spot to get out and explore? If so, go there. If not, try a new place as a special treat.
Treats!: Spoil your dog with some new treats. Of course, we favor our own CannaNatural, but anything will do. If you can’t get new dog treats in time… a spoonful of peanut butter is a favorite treat around our office.
Post a Favorite Dog Photo on Social Media: If you do, tag us! We’d love to see your dog. Don’t forget to use the #NationalDogDay hashtag.
Donate to a Shelter: You can donate money, toys, pet food, and even your time. Most animal shelters are in need of all of the above. If you can, reach out to your local shelter and ask how you can help. We donate to Nuzzles & Co., a pet rescue in Park City, Utah.
The Fourth of July holiday, for some, is the best part of Summer. Sadly, our pets don’t always agree. Firework anxiety in pets is a huge issue. More pets run away from home over this holiday than any other day of the year. As pet parents ourselves, nothing scares us more than lost pets. Here are five tips to keep your pets feeling safe and secure during firework season:
- Keep your pets safely away from fireworks: Pets are sensitive to loud noises, flashing lights, and strong smells. The combination of all three during a firework show is bound to upset your pet. Be sure to leave your pet safely indoors, and if possible with a sound machine, radio, or television left on to help block out some of the loud noises.
- If your pet is frightened by fireworks, get additional help: If your pet experiences fear during thunderstorms, it’s a good indication that fireworks will also frighten them. Don’t worry, we can help! Our products may alleviate situational anxiety such as fireworks. If you’ve not used our products before, now is the perfect time to try them out. Order Healthy Hemp Pet Company products online or find a pet store or clinic that carries our hemp pet products. Check our pet retailer page here.
- Make sure your pet has a collar with readable ID tags: All pets (even indoor pets) should always have a collar with ID tags. It’s even better if your pet is microchipped. If your pet does escape and become lost, contact your local animal control and surrounding animal shelters immediately.
- Wear your pet out prior to fireworks: Take your pet for a lengthy walk or playdate before the fireworks start. Give them plenty of opportunities to relieve themselves to avoid potty breaks outside during the fireworks.
- Secure your home: Most pet owners have already secured their homes, but take additional precaution during firework season. Dogs have been known to bolt through screens trying to escape loud noises, so close all windows and doors. Check your fence for any loose boards or openings that your pet could slip through or dig out of.
Please remember fireworks are terrifying for pets, so be extra loving and patient with your fur babies. We, at Healthy Hemp Pet Company, wish you and your beloved pet a safe and happy holiday.