- Do not feel your pets Halloween candy. Chocolate and xylitol are especially dangerous for pets.
- If you use candles to light your jack-o-lanterns, keep them safely away from pets.
- Keep glow sticks and other glow jewelry away from pets.
- Make sure your pet is wearing a collar with up-to-date tags. Pets can easily escape through an open door while you’re distracted with trick-or-treaters.
- If you plan on putting a costume on your pet, make sure it’s comfortable and fits properly so breathing isn’t constricted. Take the time to let your pets get used to the costumes before Halloween. Never leave your pet unsupervised while in costume. Make sure your pet still wears collar and tags while in the costume.
- Keep your pet inside, even outside dogs. The outdoors can be especially dangerous on Halloween if your pet manages to escape your yard.
- If your pet is wary of strangers or gets anxious when someone is at your door put them in another room during trick-or-treating hours.
- If your pet is prone to anxiety, consider dosing them with one of our Healthy Hemp Pet Company products to reduce anxiety. Dose them prior to the onset of trick-or-treaters, and plan for a 30-minute absorption rate. If you’re new to our hemp products for pets, you can order a trial size of our popular CannaNatural. Another great option for situational anxiety is our CannaDrops, which comes in two flavors: Coconut CannaDrops and Salmon CannaDrops.
September is Happy Cat Month!
Created to spread the word about the health, happiness, welfare and value of companion cats. Cats are often viewed as self-reliant and less in need of medical care than other pets. This is simply not true! Cats deserve proper care, good nutrition, routine veterinary care and the ability to live a happy and enriched life.
Here are five ways you can improve your cat’s happiness:
Find out how frequently your vet clinic recommends coming in for wellness visits. This will depend on the age and condition of your feline friend, so be sure to ask. Make sure your feline is being seen regularly by your veterinarian. If your cat is taking medication(s), make sure they haven’t expired and aren’t missing doses. If you’re looking for holistic ways to treat your cat for a variety of conditions, check out our ground option for pets: CannaCrush. We also have Salmon CannaDrops and Salmon CannaSpray, both applications are great for felines!
Verify that you have a correct address and phone number on your cat’s collar and tag. Consider Microchipping your cat as well. If your feline friend escapes or gets lost, having this type of permanent ID will make a reunion between you and your pet much more likely.
Are you buying high quality cat food? Cats are carnivores and don’t always thrive on a grain only diet. Cats are the healthiest and happiest when they get protein-rich food. If your cat normally eats dry food, add some canned food as an extra treat! The canned cat food is higher in protein and comes with the benefit of extra hydration that cats need.
Make sure your cat has spaces to explore, climb, and hide. You can even entertain your cat with television! Cats can also be walked on a leash with a harness. This helps so they can periodically and safely experience the world outside their window. If unable to walk your cat outdoors, consider setting up a perch near a window so they can see outside.
Yes, you read that correctly. It’s likely your pet eats out of a dish or bowel, which doesn’t encourage a cat’s natural hunting instinct. Consider finding a food toy that lets you hide dry cat food inside, so they can hunt for food.
Our Equine CannaDrops launched mid-June and we’re already hearing about so many positive experiences from horse owners. Here’s our newest one. Meet Lucy, a 29-year-old American Paint Horse who uses Equine CannaDrops religiously to help with pain. Thank to her owner, Jodi, for sharing!
“Lucy has been dealing with horrible arthritis for years and had a very challenging winter last year. She would lie down, and many times was unable to get up, struggling until someone found her. And every time she was ‘man-handled’ in getting her up, more and more of her spirit would disappear.
She’s been on Previcox for years to give any comfort and with no promising outlook from my vet of 20+ years, I found a holistic vet, Dr. Kim Henneman in Park City. She, with her expertise and instinct has saved Lucy! I have been a huge advocate for CBD for myself and my dogs and was thrilled to hear there was a product for horses.
It took a few weeks, starting in June to see a change as I lowered her dosage of Previcox and added the Equine CannaDrops along with the chiropractic work and acupuncture Kim gave her. She now looks and acts like a horse half her age…. a true miracle I have to say!
Thank you so much for offering such a great product! I will be a strong voice in supporting people to use Healthy Hemp Pet Company products!” – Jodi R.
Today is National Holistic Pet Day! If you’re looking for some quick ideas to improve your pets wellness start here: healthy whole foods, daily exercise, nutritional supplements, and lastly a really great vet who believes in holistic health!
Opting for holistic options over harsh pharmaceutics has improved the life of our own pets immensely. We want to share that with you!
Use coupon code: Holistic Health to save 20% on your Healthy Hemp Pet online order. This code is good for the next two weeks. Visit our Healthy Hemp Pet shop page and stock up on some holistic options for your beloved pet.
We absolutely love the idea of National Dog Day, which shouldn’t come as a surprise! Pet companies tend to love all animals, and Healthy Hemp Pet Company exists because of our founder’s love for his own dogs. If you haven’t read the story about why Dave founded Healthy Hemp Pet Company, you can do that in the about section.
Are you looking for ideas to celebrate National Dog Day with your own dog? We’ve got you covered. Here are five ways to celebrate:
Pooch Pampering: Give your dog a well-deserved spa day with a bath or groomer appointment. Your pup may not love baths, but they always seem to be happy when they are clean! As are you, so go for it!
Favorite Hike or Walk: Does your dog have a favorite spot to get out and explore? If so, go there. If not, try a new place as a special treat.
Treats!: Spoil your dog with some new treats. Of course, we favor our own CannaNatural, but anything will do. If you can’t get new dog treats in time… a spoonful of peanut butter is a favorite treat around our office.
Post a Favorite Dog Photo on Social Media: If you do, tag us! We’d love to see your dog. Don’t forget to use the #NationalDogDay hashtag.
Donate to a Shelter: You can donate money, toys, pet food, and even your time. Most animal shelters are in need of all of the above. If you can, reach out to your local shelter and ask how you can help. We donate to Nuzzles & Co., a pet rescue in Park City, Utah.